Wednesday 18 June 2014

Reverse Hair Washing

Hello there;

Maybe I am a little late to be posting this. But I really wanted to try this technique out before I wrote a post on it. So reverse hair washing, is it really worth the hype?! 

Source
Firstly I will explain my current hair situation. It is damaged from years of bleaching it blonde. It is very fine and has hardly no volume to it.

So when I saw a way to help stop it getting greasy fast, (not that mine does go greasy that fast); and helped it have more natural volume. I knew I was going to HAVE to try this. The whole reverse hair washing, is you condition first and then wash your hair with shampoo. Now I will be 100% honest here, after years of doing it "normal" way. To do it this way seems so so strange. 

I find that doing it this way, my hair seemed really heavy at first with just condition. But once the shampoo was used it wasn't heavy but then didn't feel as smooth. Granted I was very worried at this point. Once I was out the shower I pat my hair dry and then usually slap it up in a towel knot whilst I moisture. Upon brushing my hair, I do find it to be a tiny bit more knotty. But maybe with a detangler this would help. I don't own one though.... really should get one. 

Now I have dried my hair both ways; air dry and blow dry.

Air dry, I find my hair isn't as frizzy as it would be when I washed it the normal way. It does have more of a natural volume look about it and it defiantly last an extra day. So a bonus on having to not wash my hair!

When I blow dry it, it has so much more volume it is incredible. Like I feel like I am on a hair advert when blow drying my hair..... Movingggg on. Again it lasts a extra day or so on the washing front. 

I don't think I will ever go back to washing it the normal way. This to me just seems to benefit me so much more. I love it when my hair has that extra something about it. It also gives me more confidence. 

What are your thoughts on reverse hair washing?
Let me know in the comment section below.


SHARE:

27 comments

  1. I've read so many times about the reverse washing but never actually done it myself but your post made me want to do it. I was my hair nearly every day and as it gets greasy very quickly so hopefully the reverse washing will help me.
    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with it :)!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. I find that reverse washing works too! My hair is fine and gets greasy quickly (so annoying) and this definitely seems to help. It does feel weird doing it that way round though! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Tbf its now strange to do it the "normal" way haha!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. This is actually the first time I've heard of it and I'm very excited to try it from now on! haha thank you for posting this, so helpful xx

    Intan Thalia
    The Wishing Dust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whattt! Let me know how you get on with it!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. What is this new devilry you speak of?! I HAVE to try this!

    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is hyping about this method of hair washing, I need to try it! I've heard mixed reviews, but I think I just need to see how it works for me! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiantly! It doesn't work for everyone.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  6. I've been washing my hair this way for a year now and it has definitely helped to make my hair look healthier x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make a massive difference :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of washing your hair like this, feel like I'm the last one to know! But now that I do know, I'm going to give it a try at least once in the interests of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on Joanne :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  8. My hair is so dry that it never gets greasy and I have it's quite thick hair so I really don't think this would work for me although I will give this a go when I'm going no where and let you know how I got on! xx

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiantly! Lucky you though for not having greasy hair! I wish mine was like that.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  9. So glad you've finally tried this...just like the eye cream ;) haha. I wont be going back to normal washing either, completely addicted to this!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was awful for me! It left my hair feeling digesting every time I did it. I'm glad it worked for you though :)

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard about doing it this way! My hair already is rather thick/has a lot of volume but I'm really tempted to try this to see what it does. Thanks for sharing! :) xx

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me know how you get on :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catherine Senior19 June 2014 at 21:04

    Whaaaaaaat?! I've never heard of this before I'll have to give it a go :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Defiantly give it a go Catherine :) Let me know how you get on with it!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig