Sunday 3 August 2014

Samples & Spending Bans

Hello there;

If you are reading this, the odds are you are a fellow Beauty Blogger or you have some form of interest in the make up world. So during your time you have probably had a few samples sent your way, albeit you've had a company sent them you or you've had them in magazines. Either way samples slowly start to build up and before you know it, you have this problem.

Spending Ban
See my problem. I am over run with samples. And I have more coming daily. I get at least 5 a month through my BirchBox account. Now don't get me wrong, I adore samples. Finding new products you probably would have never picked up before. But when you have 50+ samples, it comes to a point when they need using up!

So throughout August, I will not be buying any more make up or skin care. I went absolutely mental last month with it being my birthday. I brought way too much. Now I need to bring my stash down again.

Spending ban August is going to be tough as I am VERY weak willed. But it needs to be done.
So wish me luck! 

Are you currently doing a spending ban?
How are you coping?


SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Good luck with your spending ban! I'm not sure if I could commit to one, I always NEED something;) I love using up samples and discovering some fantastic products.

    http://mummysbeautycorner.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck :)
    I love samples myself, I'm going to be pretty much living from them at uni
    xxx
    www.adrugstoreaddiction.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck lovely! :) It looks like you've got some amazing samples to get using!


    Ellis - www.ellistuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so weird, just three days ago I took a picture very similar to this as I too find samples building up like crazy! I'm going to enjoy trying out a few new things soon. Good luck with your spending ban, it'll be worth it :)
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily I hardly ever go into town Alina, so this should help me >.<!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be my 2nd one this year. I managed the first time!! I hope I can this time too :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know right! Can't wait to see what I actually have :')


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What! Great minds Amy!!
    Good luck with yours too, we can spur each other one if we are feeling weak willed :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the spending ban Sian! I should probably start sorting out my sample stash as well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Luck, i am attempting to do a spending ban this month but its already proving to be very hard since ASOS are having a 30% off beauty sale.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never look on Asos, so I should be safe hehe :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha ha! I have that amount of samples too! lol Good luck with your spending ban, you know how hard I found it BUT if I could manage to do it, then so can you!!! keep us all updated please!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a good idea, I need to start using lots of mine up AND get round to signing up for Birchbox ha xoxo


    www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will keep you updated :)!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do!! GET ON IT LADY <3


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sorted then :D x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm doing the same thing this month - no new make up for me, I went a bit cray last month! So many of the samples in your pile look very familiar indeed, I really need to use up some of the stuff Birchbox send! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've done 2 spending bans this year and it is hard but you just have to think about all the money you will be saving. To get me through it I always try and think of a product I can treat myself with afterwards, something not too expensive so that the saving is worth your while. Good luck! x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm the same! I have sooooo many samples in a drawer, they build up so quickly don't they?! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well ive kinda already failed, I brought a lipstick off Cohorted. BUT I know I'm not gonna go crazy this month :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too bloody fast! Its like they multiply in your draw :')


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig