Sunday 26 October 2014

High End & Drug Store Setting Sprays

Hello there;

I have been using my Urban Decay All Nighter for a long while now. As you can tell it is the old packaging. But sadly it is nearly at the end. Which got me on the look out for a cheaper alternative. Once again Make Up Revolution has stepped up for the challenge. 

High End and Drugstore Setting Spray Urban Decay Make Up Revolution
High End and Drugstore Setting Spray Urban Decay Make Up Revolution

Firstly I want to do a quick review on my Urban Decay All Nighter

I have had this now for god, I don't even know forever! I only use this if I am going for a night out or I know I need my face to stay in place all day. This lil guy really does help stick your make up to your face. I tend to do this in layers though. Apply foundation, spray this. Apply concealer and powder, spray this. You get it right?

The spray itself has no scent to it and applies a very fine mist over your face. Sadly in the past few months my skin has decided to become an oil slick! So if I was to repurchase a Urban Decay setting spray I would defiantly go for the De-Slick next time.

High End and Drugstore Setting Spray Urban Decay Make Up Revolution

So as I said before I was looking for a cheaper alternative. The Urban Decay can cost you between £9 for the smaller bottle, right up to £20 for the larger bottle. Which yes it does last but £20 can be a little too much for most people. 

This is where Make Up Revolution has the upper hands, the Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray is £5 for 100ml. Cheap as chips! 
But is it as good?

Yes, I think it is. I have used this now for a couple of days out where I need my face to stay in place and overall it has worked. Again this is no scent to this spray which I like. The main difference I have found from this is the spray is more wet? Does that even make any sense? Whereas the Urban Decay is a mist, the Fixing Spray is more of an intense spray. So keep this guy at arms length to keep panda eyes at bay. 

Which other setting sprays have you tried out?

Follow me on 

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I love Makeup Revolution so much, but this is the only product of theirs that I haven't loved.. I do prefer the Urban Decay one, even if it is more expensive xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the Urban Decay spray and really like it, but it is very expensive! Can you change the nozzle? Because I don't want a wet spray! Sounds good otherwise.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently have the Urban Decay All nighter but in the travel size and I know it will last me ages because I don't use it all the time, but when I run out I'll keep the Makeup Rev. one in mind x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. justine pendrill26 October 2014 at 14:26

    I'm using the MUA fixing mist and it's really good! Its most likely exactly the same as the makeup revolution one but yeah its so good! I get what you mean with it being more of a wet spray- you can actually feel it, and although it doesn't drip it does take a little while to dry!xo

    http://justinependrill.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one makeup item I am forever forgetting to try...maybe I should I should 'invest' in the MUA one!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot live without UD's All Nighter Spray, it's the best one I've come across and it doesn't dry my skin out at all :)
    For a more dewy/highlighted look I love Mac's Fix+ and NYX's Dewy Setting Spray; love them both too!


    Francesca xo | www.effstarbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need something like this for nights out! My foundation comes off after like, 6 minutes of dancing! Might treat myself to the MUR one!

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Urban Decay setting spray and definitely need to repurchase it as I am at the moment using Mac's Fix Plus.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a shame you didn't like this :( I can only compare it to UD though. Maybe I need to try out more setting sprays!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is a good idea India!!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realise they did travel size, bet that is so cute!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you understood what I meant :')


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to try out more Nyx items!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really do, they are amazing.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Fix+ but I am not over keen on it being a setting spray. I prefer it more as a refresher.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never tried the Urban decay setting spray but do want to try the de slick one. I know what you mean about it being wetter, I have ones like that but it doesn't put me off so will have to give the makeup rev one a try! x

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. No it doesn't put me of either, just gives me a shock :')


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig