Friday 14 March 2014

Benefit | The Porefessional Agent Zero Shine

Hello there;

It has took me a long while to gather up an opinion on this product. Not sure why, because I am usually one to use it once or twice and know if I have fell in love or not. But I don't know, this little product has had me questioning myself. 

I brought this when it was realised back in November/December time.
I was dying to try it and when I saw it in Boots in Meadowhall it was in my hand and to the till within minutes. 


My first impression was, oh yeah you get a lot of product for £23.50. 
Actually no, no you don't. 

There is a cheeky brush underneath the packaging, which don't get me wrong is really handy and I do use it when I apply this. But the brush goes all the way up to around the lips on the woman. So straight away you have cut out half of the bottle. 


When I use this, I always make sure to give it a good shake. Just incase any moisture has gotten into the packaging and made the product stick together. 

I would recommend you tap the product into the lid, little but often as there is no easy way to get it back into the bottle once it is out. And lets face it, you do NOT want to be wasting any of that powder now are you?


The powder itself is really finely milled and is translucent, works really well as a setting powder. It doesn't work well for coverage. So if you are wanting something to cover, this is not your guy.

Once you have tapped out a bit of the product, get the brush and swirl it round several times in the lid allowing the brush to pick the product up.


In circular motions I will apply this to my skin, concentrating mainly on areas I have concealed. 

I find this product does mattify my skin and it doesn't show. Like some powders will have a quite noticeable finish, this doesn't. It is very light weight too, you can hardly tell you have it on your skin when it is applied. But I do not think it covers pores well. It does work better when you pair it up with the Porefessional primer, but thats not a shock now is it? 

All in all, I quite like this product, I usually use it when I am going on a night out. As it's lasting power isn't great. But on the flip side of that, I think it is not worth the value of money at all.

I am not going to sit here and dictate to you if you should buy this or not. But I would probably advise you not too. There are better powders out there, where you get more for your hard earnt money. 

Sorry Benefit.

Have you used this?
What were your views?
Let me know in the comment section below.

Sian
xo

Follow on Bloglovin 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Great review Sian! To be honest I thought this looked a bit like a gimmicky product and that was before I'd even looked at the over expensive price! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan :) I do like the product, I just wish there was more!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. Great Review Sian! It's nice to hear a honest opinion. I think sometimes brands cash in on other products that sell well and it seems this is what benefit have done with this. Knowing the brush takes up most of the bottle has totally put me off too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Yeah its a shame because the actual powder is pretty good :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. The packaging alone is a seller to me!! Super cute!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I was tempted by this product but just recently I have picked up a FANTASTIC setting powder (review will be on the blog this week) with great staying powder so I think I won't bother repurchasing it. xxx Great post.

    www.stephellis531.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh looking forward to seeing which product it is!!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  5. Good, honest review :) I was going to try this but I'm not now! Especially seeing as you barely get any product!

    rosecharli.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody seems to like this at all, and to be quite honest I made my mind up on it as soon as I saw the packaging. Looks like they focused on the selling point too much rather than the actual product itself. Great review though, love how honest you are!
    www.shemightbeloved.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the actual powder but its not worth the money at all! It's a shame the packaging lets it down. And thank you :)

      Sian
      xo

      Delete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig