Sunday 21 June 2015

Charlotte Tilbury VS Rimmel

If you recently saw my Selfridges Haul post you will have seen that I purchased the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheap in Pillow Talk, a quite iconic in the world of blogging. At £16 though for a lip liner, its a little pricey, so when a drugstore has an alternative for a fraction of the price. Which would you go for?


Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners are amazing for the price that they are, at £3.99 and regularly on offer they really as cheap as chips. I have been using Eastend Snob for a long while now and it is a staple in my makeup bag. I admittedly brought this when I first saw Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk but knew I couldn't afford it, knowing they are a close dupe. 

The Charlotte Tilbury packaging to me is something that I would always gravitate too. Its muted metallic shell and its simple text just does it for me. Rimmels packaging is plastic and you can really tell its cheaper. Now don't get me wrong that doesn't make the product any less amazing. I am simply stating which one I prefer to look at.

Obviously one of the biggest differences in the packaging is the applicators, with Rimmel's being a twisty top that will for the up most be forever sharp. Its a very simple design and with the slanted edge you can really keep that line sharp and crisp not worrying if the product will snap or bend. Charlotte Tilbury's in a standard pencil. Well I say standard, its bloody magic. The nib somehow always has at least a sharpish edge even when being used for a all over lip.  There is going to be more product in the lip cheat compared to the exaggerate too, as you can use the lip cheat to the very end; where as exaggerate will only fill maybe just over half of the tube. But come on guy for £3.99 you gonna cry over that?! I didn't think so.

Now to compare the products themselves. Rimmel Eastend Snob is a touch more pink compared to the slightly pinky nude of the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk. Exaggerates formula is very creamy and pretty much glides over your lips. I do find if you use a little too much of a heavy hand the product can ball up a touch but this is only happened to me a handful of times. But again I repeat for £3.99 is this a massive issue? Nope I didn't think so either. It longevity for me last a good 4 hours before I can see areas of fading. 

Moving on to the lip cheat the formula is so creamy, a touch more than Eastend Snob. I haven't found it to ball up at all and the product really does mimic your natural outline of your lips. Its bloomin' magic. Something a touch more magic about this pencil is how long it lasts. It doesn't budge. At all. When I did the swatches on my arm above I had them on my arm all day (scruffy begger)  and by the end of the day Pillow Talk was still going strong whereas Eastend Snob had worn away. 

I don't think I could actually pick a favourite out of these two, I love them both. Have you tried any of these?! Or do you have any other lip liner recommendations?


Follow me on 


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I have heard so many great things about Rimmel's Eastend Snob, I really need to pick it up cuz it's a total bargain but I will still lust after the CT one haha x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the look of the Rimmel one.. I think I prefer the more pinky shade and it's such an affordable price. The packaging of CT is to die for though! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went looking for that Rimmel lipliner last week but it was out of stock in both of my local Boots and Superdrug which was so annoying!

    Mollie,xo /// The Fashion Of Craft

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the Rimmel one but after your review, I'm definitely going to pick it up, you can't grumble at that price!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love CT lip liners, especially Pillow Talk. I find them really easy to apply and the packaging is stunning. I've been trying to get my hands on East End Snob but it's always sold out whenever I call in to Boots!

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both of these and I do love both of them for different reasons though. To be honest, I tend to go for East End Snob more because I prefer the pinkier undertone :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bargain they are worth every penny :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. And for £3.99 its a steal too :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive heard its hard to hold off! Keep trying you'll be so happy when you get it.


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since doing this post ive been and got another CT liner!

    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got for it more because it costs less and my CT is too pretty to use haha!

    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig