Tuesday 3 September 2013

Superdrug Haul.

Hello there;

(Warning, this is a lonnnngggggg post.)

I am a complete sucker for internet shopping, especially when I am skint. For some reason when I have no money, I think spending my remaining pounds online seems completely justifiable. But I think this time it was. (Well that's what I shall keep telling myself)

Now I am a Boots girl through and through. I can easily go in their and spend my entire wage packet. But for some reason I tend to never walk through Superdrug's doors. Why? I have no idea. But one boring night last week I ventured onto the website to see that all so fatal word SALE. Surely it would be rude not to have a look through. 

Granted out of the 5 items I brought, only 2 we're in the sale, but, well, I have no excuse. It all came to just under £25. 







No the best of photos. Got rubbish light in my living room today -_-! So here is what I got.





Fudge De-Gunk Deep Clean Shampoo.  - £4.99 350ml - www.fudge.com

What Fudge say; 

Dissolves Away Styling Build Up. With Citrus Mint fragrance. A must for all styling product users, Fudge Urban De-Gunk Deep Clean Shampoo is gentle enough to use everyday but quickly removes the excess product build up that can leave your hair looking dull and oily! Prepare your hair for great styling and De-Gunk it.

What I say;

I know I got this for half price when I brought it off Superdrug. So already I am onto a winner. The first thing I notice about this is the packaging, it is so compact. I expected a much larger bottle, but I'm glad its not. As I am going to Ibiza next week and this is gonna fit nice and snug in my suitcase. The smell is gorgeous but I love citrus smells, even though it says Citrus Mint. I cannot smell the mint, but that's probably just me. 

One its first use I was pleased with the amount of lather I got out of it. And it all washed off really well as well. I hate shampoos that linger and take forever to get out of your hair. It left my hair feeling clean, a little dry but nothing conditioner couldn't sort out. 

I was really impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an affordable deep cleansing shampoo.


Fudge Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Hairspray - £4.99 290mL - www.fudge.com

What Fudge say;

Soft touch anti-frizz strong hold spray
Indulge the senses and lock in your style with seductive Urban Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Strong Hold Hairspray. It has Anti Frizz properties and 24 hours of hold.
Spray all over your finished style for soft touch hair with 24 hours of hold. Anti-frizz properties smooth and seals ends leaving your hair feeling natural while keeping your style in place all day.

What I say;
I have been dying to try this for ages, but never got round to actually purchasing it. But finally I have! And again I got this cheaper than it is now stated. Im sure it was £2.99. How can anyone pass up that bargain??
But sadly I am a little disappointed with it, it doesn't smell as nice as I wanted it to. If anything it just smells like normal hairspray? 
Up to yet I have only used it once and that was to help set my salt spray, so I haven't really given it a fair chance to see if it  is a strong hold spray. I am ultimately a TRESemmé girl when it comes to hairspray, so it needs to be something amazing for my opinion to change. Fingers crossed for it though....


Lasting Finish By Kate, 111 Kiss Of Life - £5.59 - www.superdrug.com
What Rimmel say; 
New lasting finish matte by Kate Moss.
Kate Moss brings colour to a new unique dimension. The gorgeous colour richness and comfort of Kate’s lipstick, now in a velvety matte finish. Ruby powder enriched formula to intensify the colour while keeping a matte finish all day long!

What I say;
This is shockingly my first Kate Moss lipstick I have brought. I have used friends, I have tested numerous colours on the back of my hand. And I now have one in my hand. But, its not very matte. And I am alllll about the matte red lipstick. But I will work this. 
(Please ignore the cut on my hand. I have no idea where it has come from)
From the photo it looks quite matte, but in person it has a slight shine to it. Other than this though I think it is a beautiful red, not as deep as my Mac Ruby Woo (which I am obsessed with). This is a great alternative to my Ruby Woo. This is defiantly going into my holiday make up bag. I have so many outfits that this will just add that finishing touch too. So yes I am pretty pleased with this one.

Bourjois Color Boost, 01 Red Sunrise - £7.99 - www.superdrug.com
What Bourjois say;
Boost your lips with colour and gloss!
A new generation formula that provides a bare lips sensation thanks to its sensory, light and non-sticky texture. With it silk extract formula, Color Boost ensures comfort and hydration for 10 hours*. Plus, it has SPF 15 and Waterproof colour!
What I say; 

In love. I have seen all of the beauty bloggers rave about these and I am totally with them. The colour is so pigmented and goes on so smoothly. Its a lovely light red, pinky colour which will look amazing when I have my tan and it has SPF15, even more reason to wear it on holiday.


You can see in the photo the difference compared to the Kate Moss lipstick. There is so much more shine to it. I am almost excited to be wearing this! 

The only downside is that Bourjois have put 10h wear on it, I don't agree with this. I wore it over the weekend and I had to top it up a few times. Maybe it would be 10 hours if you didn't eat, drink or talk in that time. 

Now I just need to get the other 3 colours! 


Sleek Blush, Rose Gold 926 - £4.49 - www.superdrug.com

What Sleek say; 

Highly pigmented blushers to brighten and define cheekbones, available in 10 shades.
These silky-fine and long lasting blushers create a subtle and radiant glow and suit all skin tones.
What I say; 
I didn't even know Sleek existed until 6 months ago? (Yes I have lived under a rock) but wow. I am impressed with the choice and the colours. So when making my choice for a new blusher I wanted something I could wear on holiday that would hold up with a good shimmer to extenuate the tan on my face. And this rose gold is perfect.


The pink/rose tone to it is beautiful and the added shimmer really does make it a winner in my eyes. Obviously I cannot give this a fair judgement until my holiday but I have that horrible feeling that, I will soon be walking into my local Superdrug and buying a lot more Sleek items. 

AND breathe. 

Sorry for such a long post. But it had to be done. 

Does any of this help you?
Do you agree with my comments? 

Let me know!

Sian
xo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig