Saturday 5 April 2014

Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam

Hello there;

Have you read my Weekend Haul, back from the start of February?
If you have, then you will have seen that I had brought a range of face products at discounted price. 

One of the items that caught my eye was Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam. 

When I was a teenager, I swore by the Dream Matte Mousse. Do you remember it? I know I can and I remember how rubbish it actually was. I went through tonnes of the stuff though back then. If only I knew what I know now.

So if I am honest, I am not sure why I brought this. I think it just intrigued me too much not to buy it. 


When you press the pump, a mass of product comes out in a foam like state. When I tried this in the shop, I actually scared myself, it just took me by surprise how much came out. 

It feels really light and you can feel the little bubbles bursting on your skin. 


When applying this, I spray the product onto the back of my hand and then use a brush to apply it to my face. Which you would think, works fine. But nope as soon as the brush touches the product, it just disappears. So you have to put loads of product onto the back of your hand to actually be able to apply it to your face.

When you are blending it on your face, it does go into a really watery liquid and is quite hard to keep even. So much blending has to be done that I get a little arm ache. Not what you want. I want to apply my foundation, not have a work out.

The colour of the product, matches my skin really well as you can see from the swatch above. But likes its older brother, THIS GOES SO PATCHY. I have wore this out twice and both times I have come home, looked in the mirror and just shivered with anger. 

This only cost me £4.99, so a real bargain but still a waste of money unless you have absolutely flawless skin, not a single dry patch so this doesn't cling to ever morsel of dry skin on your face.

Have you tried this product?
Let me know in the comment section below.

Sian
xo

Follow on Bloglovin 
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Shame the formula isn't better, it looks really fun to apply because of its foaminess! Thinking about it now, Maybelline foundations are terrible for people with dry skin full stop! The dream matte mousse was an utter disaster for me too!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to apply as far as foundations go! They just need to work on the formulations and this would be loads better!

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  2. Haha we brought this for the same reason, pure nosiness!! I found it stupidly patchy too, plus it didn't blend, and was orange! But the at the same time, I couldn't of bared to leave it on the shelf without trying it!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it wasn't just me!! I would have never forgave myself if I just left it. So glad I did try it. Just for the pure giggles of it :p

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  3. Oh that's a shame that it doesn't last - the texture looks so good in your pics!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all honesty I didn't expert loads from it.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  4. Great review! It doesn't sound like the best foundation ever, but the formula is quite interesting!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      And it is very interesting :P

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  5. Won't be purchasing this then! Another good, honest review :)

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, what a shame! I think a airfoam foundation isn't the best idea and kind of a recipie for trouble. Being that consistency I'm surprised it sits on the skin at all, although doesn't sound like it sits on there for very long anyway! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it doesn't. But it was a fun kinda gimmick thing haha.

      Sian
      xo

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the honest review Sian! I hate a product that you have to load on to get any coverage. I will be staying clear of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sian just to let you know I've nominated you for the very inspiring blogger award
    http://readingsomethingneweveryday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds crappy! Though as you said, you wouldn't really have high expectations of it after trying dream mate mousse haha xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sian I have included you in my nominations for the Liebster award, click the link to get more details!! http://wp.me/4lXJT
    Thanks
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I wished the formula must be good. Nice honest review dear :)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig