Thursday 21 May 2015

20 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self

Hello there;

I am fast approaching 26... Oh how it pains me to say that. But I am, I cannot escape it, so here are a few snippets of what I would tell myself now if I could go back in time. 


  1. School was hard, but you do make it out alive. Just don't rebel in year 11 you will regret that. 
  2. 6th form was a waste of time. Go straight to college, its an amazing place and you'll meet some wonderful people.
  3. Prom was amazing, you'll make promises to stay in contact with all of your friends. 10 years later you still talk to 3? Maybe 4?
  4. MySpace will take over your life. HopSkipMosh if you remember this user name HIYA.
  5. Being in a band is fun. Still can't play bass though. At least I tried right?
  6. Tying to eat and swallow a coat hanger was never going to end well. I was only like 4 though.. still don't try it?
  7. Don't ever give up horse riding. You will always love it and boys are not worth giving it up for.
  8. No your childhood pet goldfish didn't live for 12 years. Your mum replaced him. Twice.
  9. Your family are incredible. It just takes you a few years to realise it. 
  10. Friends come and go but the best really do stick by your side.
  11. You'll meet your soul mate at the age of 20. Can't even imagine life without Charlotte Boylett now.
  12. You found out he cheated, LEAVE HIM there and then. Don't waste another 2 years with him. It will ruin you. You are worth a lot more than that, I promise.
  13. You meet him in Black Market when you are 16. There is a spark straight away. You get together at the age of 20. He changes your life forever and its been over 5 years now, still going strong. 
  14. PUT THAT PIZZA DOWN, you will not stay at 8 stone forever. 25 year old Sian will thank you.
  15. Blonde hair looks good, but look after it. 
  16. Learn how to do your makeup, Dream Matte Mousse is not a good foundation at all. Covering your eyes in black eyeliner isn't a good look either. See photo below.
    Picture to the left I am about 18?
    Picture to the right I am 25, sorry about the posing photo!
  17. Maybe don't settle for your first job? Travel? Take risks? Who knows where life could take you.
  18. Take lots of photos.
  19. Blogging opens up a whole new world. The friends you make, the opportunities you will get makes all of the hard work worth it. 
  20. Moving out is very hard, you will miss your mum more than you thought possible. But it gets better and I love living with my boyfriend. 
  21. Cheeky little extra one. But Sian trust me, you will end up doing okay. I promise.

What would you say to your younger self?! 


Follow me on 
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Love this post! I wish I could go back and talk to my fourteen year old self. Those days were really difficult trying to find out who you are and dealing with people in school. Would be so nice to have someone on my shoulder guiding me! :) xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did this make me cry? Sian you're such a wonderful person, I laughed all the way through.

    Great post bunny.

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty // YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go back to my late teens and tell myself to follow my heart and passion which always was beauty instead of doing something that I thought I should because it was more prestigious and all my family expected me to do so :) Great post Sian :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dino's Beauty Diary21 May 2015 at 21:20

    This is such a sweet post it brought a smile to my face. And don't worry, I think we've all had bad makeup in the past - I'm completely with you on the 'too much eyeliner'! xo

    Emma-Louise | Dino's Beauty Diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear, what a awesome blog you have and great post, did we follow each other already? If not, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and INSTAGRAM? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back.

    My Blog: ‪ http://lovjoice.blogspot.com/ ‬

    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/love-joice-3831938 (please follow here my current account)

    Instagram: https://instagram.com/l0vej0ice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great post! There's so many things I would tell my younger self haha xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. charlotterose.23 May 2015 at 16:10

    I literally adore this post, just re-read it again and ended up agreeing with every single one <3

    Charli | Charlotte Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these posts! There's so many things I'd tell my younger self but one would definitely be not to worry as much! Maybe I'd tell myself not to bother with university as well...haha! Though it did help me in some ways! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know right, if we knew then what we know now!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, who knows where we would be now!


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it made you smile hun :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Palmer said exactly the same about university. But its the experiences and its made you the lovely person you are today :)


    Sian
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© Siân Marie. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig